As a globally renowned manufacturer of printing ink solutions, we are deeply committed to packaging and ink safety. This is not only reflected in our products, but also in our association work on both a national and international level. Being a member of various associations and working groups helps us to constantly improve and innovate, thus fostering progress in food packaging and related fields. Our joint efforts aim at contributing to the overall food packaging supply chain and, ultimately, enhancing consumer safety.
Collaborating on food safe packaging
Learn more about our compliance commitments related to food packaging and the associations in which we have been active for years.
Know-how exchange for highest consumer confidence
Consumer safety is our guiding principle and rooted in everything we do. Being active in professional associations and working groups ensures that we have current knowledge about the broad regulatory framework, e.g. key topics such as the GMP or the Swiss Ordinance. Furthermore, associations provide a platform for the exchange of expertise as well as for research and education on food safe packaging.
EuPIA compliance commitment
As a member of the European Printing Ink Association (EuPIA), we have signed a compliance commitment related to the manufacture and supply of food packaging inks. Here, we collaborate on developing strategies in which we define our contributions to the food packaging supply chain. These concepts are supported by EuPIA’s information notes and guidance documents.
We are also active in the Packaging Ink Joint Industry Task Force (PIJITF), which brings together experts from the printing ink industry, packaging manufacturers and food producers. The main objectives are the manufacture of safely packaged food and the maintenance of high levels of consumer confidence in food safety.
Siegwerk is also a member of the German Paint and Printing Ink Association (VdL). The following list gives you an overview about the organizations and associations in which we are active:
- AFEI – Association des Fabricants d'Encres d'Imprimerie
- AMETIQ – La Asociación Mexicana de Etiqueteros
- ASEFAPI – Asociacion Espanola de Fabricantes de Pinturas y tintas de imprimir
- BCF – British Coatings Federation
- BSRLA – British Sort Run Labelling Association
- CEPE – Conseil Européen de l'Industrie des Peintures, des Encres d'Imprimerie et des Couleurs d'Arts
- CPIA – China Printing Ink Association
- DFTA - Flexodruck Fachverband e.V
- DVI – Deutsches Verpackungsinstitut e. V.
- EPDA – European Packaging design association
- ERA – European Rotogravure Association e. V.
- EuPIA – European Printing Ink Association
- FINAT – Féderation Internationale des fabricants et transformateurs d'Adhésifs et Thermocollants sur papiers et autres supports
- FTA – Flexographic Technical Association
- Food Drink Europe – Food Drink Europe
- FPA – Flexible Packaging Association
- IVP – Institut für Verfahrenstechnik Papier
- LMAI – Label Manufacturers Association of India
- NAPIM – National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers
- PAC – Packaging Association of Canada
- PEIAC – Printing and Printing Equipment Industries Association of China
- PIF – Polska Izba Fleksografow
- PIJITF – Packaging Ink Joint Industry Task Force
- Responsible Care – Responsible Care
- Save Food – Save Food
- SEDEX – Supplier Ethical Data Exchange
- SVEFF – Sveriges Färgfabrikantes Förening
- SweFlex – Swedish Flexo association
- TLMI – Tag and Label Manufacturers Institute
- VdL – Verband der Lack- und Druckfarbenindustrie
- VskE – Verband der Hersteller selbstklebender Etiketten
- VSLF – Verband der Schweizerischer Lack-und Farbenindustrie e.V.
- VVVF – Vereniging van Verf-en Drukinktfabrikanten